Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Filming Day #2

B-ROLL BABY!
#1: PLANNING
First I gathered my materials. I used my Canon Macro Zoom lens, my Tameron F2 Macro lens, and after years of begging and pleading my sister's AMAZING lens (the quality was so amazing and had a perfect aperture range for the types of shots I was trying to gey). Then I gathered and noted sculptures and prints that I had mentioned in my storyboard and placed them throughout my setting. I had "visions" for a lot of the sculptures already, so much of it was just recreating what I had already thought up in my head. 

#2: PRODUCTION PROCESS
It was actually a very chill day today. I think it all took me approximately 4 hours to film everything, but it was nice because it was all on my time with no rush. I really focused on staging the pieces, framing everything correctly, and nailing the lighting to enhance the power of the art. It was fairly easy since the majority of the shots were still, but the low to the ground shots had to be done with books and erasers instead of a tripod. The moving shots were a bit of a hassle since my "tripod" did not have the ability to pan left to right to me and my sister would have to hold it and drag the stand on the bumpy tile floor with as much control as possible- a tricky feat that we definitely fought over.(she was being bossy)

#3: STILLS






1 comment: