Saturday, March 21, 2020

Found a GOOD Song That Is In The Public Domain


Hey!
Unfortunately, none of the offices and sync representatives that I contacted to get song permissions ever got back to me. So, I decided that for this new project would use royalty-free, non-copyrighted music. I was reluctant to try this before due to the fact that I have struggled in the past to find good, quality, music pieces that don't 'sound' free. In other words, most royalty-free music is not very well or professionally produced and I did not want to ruin my movie with a bad audio track. Thankfully, My sister is really into music, specifically instrumental and classical music, and found me a very interesting song that really inspires me. We went through hundreds of songs on her classical music playlist and landed on Zigerwuensen by Spanish composer Pablo Saraste. It gave me very strong Godfather vibes, I was immediately intrigued. I went to Wikipedia and found that it was published in 1878 and due to its age was in the public domain. Then, I found a free, downloadable version online. I think this would be great for a dramatic opening full of intense emotions. My twin-sister, a GarageBand genius, helped me cut the song up and reduce the piece from around 9 minutes to 2, as well as slow the ending, fix a few sounds, and modify the audio.




Song Profile-
Composer: Pablo Saraste


Country of origin: Spain


Instrumentation: Violin/Cello


Style: Romantic


Arranger: Albert Bensch


Date:1878


Copyright: Public Domain











Wikipedia. “Zigeunerweisen.” Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 19 Feb. 2020, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zigeunerweisen.






“Saraste Sheet Music.” Free Sheet Music : Sarasate, Pablo De - Op.20 - Zigeunerweisen (Gypsy Airs) (Piano Solo), www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=75432.






“What Is the Public Domain?” Copyrightlaws.com: Copyright Courses and Education in Plain English, 6 Jan. 2020, www.copyrightlaws.com/what-is-the-public-domain/.





No comments:

Post a Comment