Monday, March 16, 2020

Making a Donald Trump Dartboard

A very important prop that introduces the political and societal views of my character is the Donald Trump dartboard. I was planning on doing it in the morning, but I couldn't sleep and am a little bit anxious about filming tomorrow so I might as well use the energy to be productive. 

1. First, I bought a dartboard from a store called 5Below, which is kind of like a dollar tree. They sell items for really cheap prices. My mom suggested that it might have one, and thankfully they had 1 left in stock! It is not the best quality, but it does the trick.
This is the exact model I bought
2. Next, I found a copyright/royalty-free picture of Donald Trump and used Procreate- a digital design application to draw red markings on top of the picture. I wanted to alter the picture to show how my protagonist perceives this person, yet not change the photo to the point to which he was unrecognizable.

3. Last, I went to Office Max and printed the picture in a 11*17 poster material and used heavy-grade elastic tape to stick the poster on the dartboard. The last thing I did was arrange the darts in random order on top of the picture and hang it up.

This is the completed result!
 Ok, its finished! I am going to sleep now.



No comments:

Post a Comment