Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Mise-En-Scene- Setting


Hello! I redecorated my room in order to match the interest and personality of my character. I decided to look at Pinterest and find an aesthetic or inspiration for what a lot of these rooms had in order to emulate/ recreate some of these aspects. I want the film opening to symbolizes her interests and personality as a character so I want the hippy/activist/bohemian trope to also be represented in her room.  A couple of reoccurring themes I have noticed are neutral tones, crystals and LOTS of plants.

This is a collage/ mood board of what seems to be the aesthetic that is most popular and trendy throughout this demographic/ community.




Most Trendy/ Common Observations:
-Rattan furniture
-Packed rooms/ maximalism
-African patterns
-Baskets and woven pieces
-Yoga and meditation equipment
-Mod/ Mid-century Style chairs
-Books
-Repurposed/rustic wood pieces
-Pattern Mixing, Conflicting/ competing patterns
-Texture and warmth provided by rugs and tapestries
-Macrame
-Fuzzy(faux) pillows + blankets + Rugs
-Plants, vines, succulents, flowers
-Terracotta
-colorful and unique pots
-Small, wooden mirrors 
-Vintage items from the '70s
-yellow, beige, brown and green tones
-Tassels + Hanging Ornaments
-Posters + Symbolic Sculptures
-Mid-eastern and Indian patterns
-Circles and Mandalas 
-Persian style rugs

Here is a collage/mood board of items around my house that have the same vibe or match the aesthetic that I am aiming for. I am lucky my mother is obsessed with the bohemian look and is an official PLANT LADY because I already owned many pieces that match the descriptions I mentioned above. I want the setting to be a surprise for when I release my video so I will only be showing the pieces by parts :)




Below are the specific pieces I decorated my room with that I believe will show that my character belongs to this community and is a hippy/ bohemian activist. These are just the 9 pieces that I feel are among the most important to introduce my character. I picked them based on research I have done on bohemian living and the hippy aesthetic. I forgot to number #9, so just disregard that it is missing. Sorry about that :/




#1: African, yarn-decorated, woven elephant
#2: Eye-shaped, wooden Mirror
#3:Mid-century dresser + Many plants in colorful pots + Black and white prints
#4:African-inspired, woven basket + Yoga equipment inside
#5:Mod nightstand + Plant in dotted pot + Analog alarm clock + Books + Mini vintage radio
#6: Overlapped, textures rugs
#7:Crystal
#8:Symbolic sculptures- Peace, body positivity, love +
#10:Rattan stepstool + faux fur rug

No comments:

Post a Comment