Friday, March 13, 2020

T-shirts! - Props

As I mentioned in a prior post, I am planning on using various protest t-shirts in my video to show that my protagonist is very active when it comes to participating and leading environmental clubs and social activism societies. I designed 4 shirts, 1 of which she will wear to her protest; the rest she will skim through, passing them as she looks for the right one. I want to create the feeling that she is part of so many protests/ clubs, that it is hard for her to find the specific shirt she is looking for. I picked 4 obscure club names to show she will fight for and is passionate about almost any environmental issue.

HOW TO MAKE A CUSTOM CLUB T-SHIRT

1.Design the logo of the club/society
(I used an application called ProCreate to design these logos)




2. Buy T-shirts that match the colors of the logo backgrounds you chose.
I went to Michaels and got these T-shirts at $3.99 each :)
3. Use fabric transfer paper to apply your logos to the shirts
(I used this video to help me)
I got the dark fabric transfer paper for mine since I needed white for my design. My printer only has black and white ink, so I am going to ask a friend to print it for me. I would normally just go get it printed professionally, but industrial printers get too hot and the transfer paper might melt inside and make a huge mess. The worst part is, I went to the Ups Store to get the logos printed and the line was HUGE because they were only letting in 1 customer at a time due to health issues, and after almost 45 minutes of waiting they turned me down and now I have to WAIT to get them printed!! I am really excited though. I really want to see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment