Thursday, March 26, 2020

Mise-en-scene OUTFIT PLANNING

FILMING Costume 

As I have mentioned before, my mother is actually an artist in real life. She wears paint coveralls all the time and has many protective paint jumpsuits. For that reason when she suggested she wear her beige long sleeve suit, I knew it was a realistic choice for my character. I specifically chose this color and style because it looks a lot like a uniform. I think it could create prenotions in the viewer's head as to who this character is. On a more shallow level, it shows that art is an activity she routinely takes part in and her employment. Going in a little deeper, it symbolizes a lack of freedom in a way. The jumpsuit slightly resembles that of a prisoner or mental institution patient that could give undertones of how her sanity will be tested throughout the length of the film or the extent to which her art will ultimately consume her.








Some Inspiration I Got from Pinterest:















No comments:

Post a Comment