Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Editing Nerves

Ahhhh! I feel a lot of pressure right now! My whole family is invested in my project now and my relatives are starting to push wanting to see it. Now that I have everything filmed there is no going back, I am going to have to work with what I have got! (don't get me wrong) I mean I like/am proud of the footage that I got, I'm just scared that now its all in my hands and the only thing I can do now is edit... hopefully to perfection. For so long it was just an idea that was perfect in my head, but now I have the responsibility of making it perfect in real life you know what I mean? Before, I was really scared to film too, because I was constantly afraid that I wouldn't be able to capture the footage necessary to bring my idea to life; I had so many "visions" in my head for what my project could be that I was nervous that I could never get it out and make it something real/ catch the moments I wanted. It has happened to me before where I have this idea stuck in my head, and I confidently stage and later film it, but when I get to editing, only then do I fully get the soul-crushing feeling that all of my footage is trash and I am going to have to "survive" for this project instead make something I will be proud of; You don't entirely realize the quality of your footage until you get to editing, and now that I am here, I don't want to start editing because I am worried it will happen to me now. That was a little deep... whoops. Anyways, I have to start editing, I just wanted to get that off my chest before I start. Ok.. bye.

1 comment:

  1. Start editing. Your shots look wonderful. Have confidence in yourself! You are pretty good at this stuff...

    ReplyDelete