Tuesday, April 7, 2020

"Making" a Production Company

Since I kind of have complete freedom on the name and design of my production company, I started overthinking really hard and just decided to use a random word generator to find a word I might of like.

I used- https://randomword.com/ in my search.
Some of the best results:


  • Mantis
  • Fountain
  • Mood
  • Philosophy
  • Establishment
  • Atmosphere
  • Championship

Even after spending waaay to much time on this Random Word Generator, I still wasn't very excited about any of the words they came up. They didn't really seem personal enough so I gave up on the whole letting the internet pick for me. I started thinking of what is important to me and where my interest in film started. I first started making my own videos when I was about 7 years old just as I moved into a new house in Lima, PerĂº (where I am from). My house's street address was La Alameda del Corregidor. For that reason, I chose Alameda Productions as my production company. I like how the word sounds and it has sentimental meaning to me. In Spanish, alameda translates to walkway or promenade.

Next, I picked a design:
I just wanted to go with a simple black and white design with a minimalistic font. I used the graphic design tool: Canva to create the design. For fonts, I used Amiko Bold for the top line and Open Sans Light for the bottom line as well as add some dots to separate them.

Then, I used an animation application called Flippa Clip to animate a simple road or path stemming from the center of the logo to the right side of the screen at 25 frames per second.

Final Result:

No comments:

Post a Comment