Thursday, April 9, 2020

FONTS & FOLEY!

FONTS:
I went over to Dafont.com to download some new fonts for the credits. I was looking for something that looks handwritten and artistic, similar to the opening credits in Call Me By Your Name. Below are the major contendors that I downloaded and tried out.




















The CHOSEN ones:
I have decided to go two-toned and duo-font. The titles (ie:director, writer, star, etc.)will be in a light neon yellow and in Scotties, while the actual names will be white in Rawk Brush.

Proof Below!!










FOLEY:
In order to further develop my story and maintain the interest of the viewer, I decided against simply having the music be the only sound to hear the entire two minutes. I feel like one would get audibly bored after a while. After 1 minute of no ambient sound, your ears would no longer be attentive and expect sounds apart form the music. For that reason, I decided that I wanted to add ambient, synchronous noises that match the actions being done on screen. The first thing I did was go through my videos including movement and checking to see if I could somehow enhance and increase their volume to make it more impactful. Next, I made the list below detailing certain scenes that had weird, anti-climatic, or too quiet audio.

Time in the video
Sound needed in the video at that time
1:19
Rhythmic scraping sound
1:27
Low buzz/ vibrating cell phone
1:39
Rag hits wall
1:42
Hand scrapes canvas vigorously

After, I got some props and searched on the Youtube library for new sounds. Below is a picture of some of the props I used.

https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/soundeffects?ar=1586784089090&nv=1

No comments:

Post a Comment