Saturday, February 22, 2020

BRAINSTORM

ITS TIME TO START THINKING!


I have kind of hit a wall :(
I have an idea that I am passionate about and like, but am not sure if it is too difficult for me to execute. I want to make something that will artistically challenge me, yet is still simple enough for me to excel in its technical elements. Camera work is not my strongest talent, and I am still a beginner when it comes to editing. I fear like my idea might be a bite too challenging for me to chew.  I don't want to complicate myself with a "grand" idea, and later have it be worse than something more simple where it would have been easier to exhibit my knowledge of film. I guess it a question of whether or not I am willing to take the risk.

Nonetheless, I made a mini animation to get what I had playing in my head, on paper. I am not sure that this is what I will be doing, but I just wanted to get it out there in case there is some value to it or it inspires me to do something else. The idea is not completely developed this is just a (very basic/ rudimentary) 30-second sequence I could not stop thinking of:


The premise of the movie, I am still not sure, most likely an exorcism or possession. I just thought it might be interesting to do something in a yoga room because it is a unique and different location. I got the idea when I was in my yoga class. I knew I wanted to make my movie scary and chilling, but I wasn't sure how. On Wednesday, I attended a 75-minute Vinyasa class and normally, you keep your eyes closed during the vinyasa flows. But when I opened my eyes I got real goosebumps. The way 20 people were moving and heavily breathing in unison as Indian vocals played seriously creeped me out. I was immediately reminded of a satanic cult or of creepy chanting. I got the idea of maybe having a new girl go into a yoga class for the first time, and at first, everyone is really nice. But as the class progresses and the lights dim, she starts hearing angry whispers in a foreign language, but when she opens her eyes, everybody is silent. She shakes it off and continues to relax... until the person sitting next to her in class desperately tells her to leave immediately. As a type of "punishment", she begins to convulse and seize as if she is being choked or asphyxiated by an invisible force. The new girl goes to help her. But the rest of the class is doing yoga poses simultaneously and breathing together.

This is just one of the ideas that I am considering, but I am scared I won't have everything I need to execute it to the degree that I would like. I think it would be interesting and that I could use a variety of shots to make this scene, but it might be to difficult for a beginner like me. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment